Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Poor Jake

We went to dinner last night at Cotton Patch Cafe. Chicken fried steak... Yummy! The boys both ate really well - macaroni & cheese of course! They both ate so good, that I let them eat the Oreo cookies that they give them for dessert. Everything was fine until...

Jake went to bed on time and then at 10:00, I was starting to get ready for bed and I smelled it. He had thrown up in his bed. Yuck! It was obvious what he had eaten for dinner... Jeff helped me clean him up and change the sheets. Unfortunately, Jake had it bad. I sat up with him most of the night. Every 15-20 minutes, he would throw up just a little more. Finally at around 5:30am, he seemed to be done. I finally went to bed and then he woke up at 7:45.

He seems to be doing pretty well today, although he's not eating much. He has his moments of quiet - laying on the couch, and then moments of running from room to room. I called in sick today and just told him that I was up all night sick. (pretty close to the truth!) I do not want to use another VC day this early in the year!

I really hope that Jake will be better soon. I just hate when he's sick. :(

No comments: