Saturday, January 12, 2008

Ebay is fun!

I've listed several items on Ebay in the past year or so, and made a little bit of money... I think it's fun to do and interesting to watch what people are interested in. Well, last week JoDee came to me and asked if I might be interested in listing some clothes that belonged to her daughter. She had several name-brand items that were in excellent or brand new condition! She said if I was interested, we could just split the profits. Cool!

So far, I've listed 19 items for her. 11 of them ended tonight, with 8 selling and 3 not selling. I was very surprised that one of the shirts didn't sell. There were 4 people watching it! That's the tricky part though... People may be watching it because they're interested in buying it, but just waiting until the very end to bid, OR they may be watching it because they have a similar item that they want to list and are curious to see how much someone else's goes for. I always get excited when I see people watching something, but I have to remind myself that it doesn't always mean a bidding war will break out! When we sold Brendan's bed, there were 39 people watching it!! I had e-mails out the ying-yang about it. I was just sure that there would be people bidding and bidding... But, we ended up only selling it for $1.50 over the reserve price. AGGHH!

Tonight I listed some of Jake's toys and some PJ's that he's grown out of. Hopefully, we'll do well with these things and bring in a little $$.

No comments: