Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's almost time!

Tonight as I was getting Jake ready for his bath, he gave me a hint that he's almost ready for potty training! He's getting very good at taking off his clothes and putting them in the hamper by himself. Last thing to go is the diaper... I unfastened it and asked him if he needed to go. He had this far-away look on his face and then proceeded to go! (I was still holding the diaper in place, but watching.) I started cheering and praising him like crazy!! Until..... I took the diaper away from his body to throw it away and he decided to go again - on the carpet! UGH! Luckily, it really wasn't TOO much.

I'm excited to get this going... I've had about enough of this diaper-changing stuff! I'm trying to stay calm though, because I know with Brendan it took quite a while to get the hang of it. I'm not going to freak out about it just yet. He's only 2 1/2... :)

No comments: