Monday, October 8, 2007

October 8, 2007 - B gets a new Webkinz

I've started a blog! I really don't know how to do this, or what I'll write about, but I think it will be a good way to keep a record of stuff that's going on in my life. The boys do so much every day and I want to remember every second of it!

Today B had the day off for Columbus Day. Jeff took a VC day to stay home with him and they ran around together. B has been talking about getting a new Webkinz for a while now, so Jeff took him to the Hallmark store and let him pick one out. He chose a black cat because - according to him - "They're very rare!" He was trying to come up with a name and decided on "Scream". Why you ask? Because we're coming up on Halloween and Scream is a scary Halloween-type movie. What the?? This is the same kid that for years was totally freaked out by the Scream mask after we saw a kid in the back of a pickup wearing one. I can't figure him out sometimes! I told him I was going to call him Oreo, because I just like it better. (and I just like Oreos!) He seemed OK with that. :)

Jake is quite a character. He is talking more and more. He has his own Jake language that no one understands, but he also says a lot that we actually do understand:

Bee = blanket (sleeps with)
Kicky = Mickey (Mouse - that he sleeps with)
Benben = Brendan
Cackuh = cracker
Key = cookie
Hi, mama = Hi, Grandma
Hi, papa = Hi, Grandpa
pease = please
tank oo = thank you

It's so cool to watch him and listen! I am trying to soak this all in and remember it always because I know there won't ever be another little one in our house. I'm trying to remember what it was like with Brendan, and it's hard! You think that you won't ever forget, but time has a funny way of messing with your memory!

No comments: